From Top Left to Right:
Bob Patton, David Darr, Diane Estep, Christie Twillie, J.R. Aliff, Dan Dufford, Stacey Brooks, Marti Barthauer, Jennifer Patton.
For centuries, music has been an influential part of cultural society. It is an element which brings people together, and stimulates cognitive awareness. Piano Lessons In Your Home appreciates the generations of families that embraced music and brought it into their lives. Furthermore, we accept the challenge of carrying on the tradition or to introduce music to new families.
Every person, regardless of age, gender or race is entitled to the fulfillment music brings and PLIYH makes every effort to ensure our students and teachers experience an environment that promotes success. We believe in the potential of all students to make beautiful music and acknowledge the possibilities to achieve the highest caliber of playing. The company and its faculty nurture Piano Lessons In Your Home teachers so that they continue to grow and enjoy their teaching. We educate both students and teachers from a variety of perspectives, conduct research in scholarly materials and provide performance opportunities so that they can demonstrate their special talents. Each of these elements is important in the development of recreational and professional pianistic abilities as they promote dedication, build confidence and reveal progress.
Piano Lessons In Your Home has been in the Music Education industry for over ten years and a lot has changed since 1996. A decade later we reflect on our progress, our students’ growth and the caliber of teachers we invite to join our team. What we want to communicate to families and teachers is that “We will always be committed to listening to your feedback because it is important. ‘Enjoy!’ as we continue to build our programs and always know that you can count on us when it comes to the complete musical experience.”
Who Are Our Instructors?
Our Program is comprised of diverse and qualified piano instructors who travel directly to your home and instruct from the traditional, Jazz and Suzuki perspectives. Most of our piano teachers have earned or are in the process of obtaining their music degrees. We also have qualified teachers who have have majored in various fields and but who also enjoy teaching music. Guided and motivated by our extensive Libraries and Continuing Education classes and workshops, our piano teachers design their curriculum to meet each student’s individual musical needs. Most importantly, each of our piano teachers possesses a sincere love for music and works hard to help students achieve their potential.
What Do We Offer?
Piano Lessons In Your Home is a convenient solution for busy families who would like to expose their children to the world of music. In addition to teaching piano to children, we also instruct adults and seniors. Features of our program include:
- Convenient in-home instruction which for families
- A wide network of piano instructors which enables us to skillfully match your family with a teacher of your preference.
- Flexible scheduling and vacation allowances.
- Individualized curriculum for students ages 4 to adult.
- Instruction for beginner to professional level students.
- One or more lessons per week.
- Lesson lengths from 30 to 90 minutes piano in duration.
- At least one optional piano recital per year.
- A Lending Library of Classical, Seasonal, Popular, Gospel, Jazz, and other music, including CDs and videos, which teachers may borrow for your family.
- You won’t need to drive to or from lessons or wait during lessons.
- Children learn on their own instrument in the comfort of their own home.
What Is Our Tuition Plan?
Tuition is paid monthly, and families with three or more children taking piano lessons receive a reduced rate. We also have special rates for our students who are senior citizens. Each family pays a one time enrollment fee which goes directly into our Lending Library account, enabling Piano Lessons In Your Home to provide a wealth of musical enrichment materials. Your family will only need to purchase additional method books which your teacher will recommend at your first piano lesson. Please click on your city below for more information.
- "All our hopes are fulfilled. My children are motivated for the first time."
- - Judy - Montgomery, Ohio
- "Calling Piano Lessons In Your Home was the best thing I could have done for my piano playing. As a beginning adult piano student, the convenience of having my lessons at home has made all the difference to me. The PLIYH music library has saved me lots of money too. It is a big plus not having to buy everything I have played. Piano Lessons In Your Home has been everything I had hoped it would be and more. "
- - Jim - Cincinnati, Ohio
- "I love the convenience of PLIYH. I am able to listen to the lesson and be part of the lesson while cooking and laundry at same time."
- - Tracie - Gahanna, Ohio
- "We have a great teacher, both knowledgeable and patient with my children. They are always excited about their lessons and wish their teacher could stay longer. The office is very helpful and always willing to help answer questions. I am pleased with the organization!"
- - Lavita - Gahanna, Ohio
- View all Testimonials