At what age can my child begin lessons?
This depends on the teaching method as well as the child’s ability, attention span, maturity, and interest level. Our instrument/student age ranges are: Piano Lessons: 4 to adult; Guitar Lessons: 6 to adult; Voice Lessons: 9 to adult.
How often are lessons, and how long is each lesson?
Usually lessons occur once each week. The duration of lessons depends on the age, ability, and attention span of the student. Our lesson lengths range from 30 minutes to 2 hours each week, depending on student and family preferences. We cater to students at all levels from beginner to professional.
How are lessons scheduled?
We attempt to match your family with a teacher who matches your preferences and is able to come to your home during your preferred windows of availability. We offer convenient day, evening, and weekend lessons.
How long of a time commitment is required?
Our families pay by the month, which means they commit by the month. We do not require a long term time agreement. The only thing we ask is that families provide 30 days notice before discontinuing lessons in order to give us a chance to fill our teacher’s open time slot.
What are your instructors’ qualifications?
All PLIYH instructors are experienced teachers and/or performers, the majority of whom have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in music in pedagogy, performance, or education. While our instructors operate independently and use their own methods, all have successfully passed our rigorous screening process which includes an extensive background check, a performance audition, a formal interview, and numerous reference checks. All PLIYH teachers love music, and are committed to helping their students discover a passion for music.
How can I begin lessons?
Click here to submit your information. We will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your family’s musical needs! Even if you would like to begin a few weeks from now, we strongly encourage you to register, as prime time slots fill quickly, especially during Back to School and Fall months. We will connect you with a teacher so that you can reserve the best time that works for your family.
- "All our hopes are fulfilled. My children are motivated for the first time."
- - Judy - Montgomery, Ohio
- "Calling Piano Lessons In Your Home was the best thing I could have done for my piano playing. As a beginning adult piano student, the convenience of having my lessons at home has made all the difference to me. The PLIYH music library has saved me lots of money too. It is a big plus not having to buy everything I have played. Piano Lessons In Your Home has been everything I had hoped it would be and more. "
- - Jim - Cincinnati, Ohio
- "I love the convenience of PLIYH. I am able to listen to the lesson and be part of the lesson while cooking and laundry at same time."
- - Tracie - Gahanna, Ohio
- "We have a great teacher, both knowledgeable and patient with my children. They are always excited about their lessons and wish their teacher could stay longer. The office is very helpful and always willing to help answer questions. I am pleased with the organization!"
- - Lavita - Gahanna, Ohio
- View all Testimonials