Piano Lessons In Your Home offers many exciting and informative music related articles written by our own Teachers and Faculty members. Listed below are the articles that have been submitted. Just click on the article below to view the entire piece. If you are interested in submitting an article related to piano, guitar, or voice lessons or music in general, please email us!
Suzuki Art. - Roth, Allan.
This is a PDF Document. Click here to download Roth, Allan. Suzuki Art.
The Nature of Parental Involvement in the Practice Habits of Students. - Crofts, William.
This is a PDF Document. Click here to download Crofts, William. The Nature of Parental Involvement in the Practice Habits of Students.
A Turn About the Waltz. - Anderson, Dianna.
Have you ever danced the Sarabande? How about the Minuet, the Gigue or the Bourée? Do you know anyone who can dance the Gavotte or the Louré? If your answer is no, you are in the company of most people living today. The Sarabande, Minuet, Gigue, Bourée, Gavotte and Louré are all dances that people […]
Productive Practice and Performance Through Six-Fold Memory. - Holz, Dana.
"I’m surprised your hands haven’t fallen off, " my college keyboard instructor said sardonically.
"Why?" I asked as I played a piece with octaves and four-note chords.
"Your wrists: they’re tight as a harp string! Relax!" He took my wrist in his hand and bowed it up and down. But in practice, I found that I was […]
An Overview of Cognition and Reference in Piano Playing. - Shoda, Takeshi.
“The animal artists obviously enjoy what they are doing, but more significant, so it seems, is the evidence of their innate sense of order. The apes working for balance in the compositions they draw, the crow preferring organized patterns, the birds and mammals that make repeated attempts to achieve a clear tone are not what […]
- "All our hopes are fulfilled. My children are motivated for the first time."
- - Judy - Montgomery, Ohio
- "Calling Piano Lessons In Your Home was the best thing I could have done for my piano playing. As a beginning adult piano student, the convenience of having my lessons at home has made all the difference to me. The PLIYH music library has saved me lots of money too. It is a big plus not having to buy everything I have played. Piano Lessons In Your Home has been everything I had hoped it would be and more. "
- - Jim - Cincinnati, Ohio
- "I love the convenience of PLIYH. I am able to listen to the lesson and be part of the lesson while cooking and laundry at same time."
- - Tracie - Gahanna, Ohio
- "We have a great teacher, both knowledgeable and patient with my children. They are always excited about their lessons and wish their teacher could stay longer. The office is very helpful and always willing to help answer questions. I am pleased with the organization!"
- - Lavita - Gahanna, Ohio
- View all Testimonials